View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 11:19 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by flamebringer69
Having a hard time figuring out why the truck clunks when trying to steer. The guys say it the tie rods.king pins. I am also having trouble finding the outer tie rods looked on lmc and they show the part that I need tie rod I think. But they don't seem to have. Really need help and advice. The chiltons I have been loaned has little info. On a tight budget. Thanks from this lass
The steering/suspension system has lots of parts that, if worn, can clunk, groan, and make all sorts of odd sounds.

But have you even crawled underneath the rig to do a visual inspection? What about rocking the truck to and fro to determine if you can see or hear any free play? What about jacking up one corner and rocking the wheels top and bottom and side to side? What about having someone turn the wheel while observing different joints to see if any parts do not move in unison when they are supposed to? Have some skin in the game.

Do not tell us that posting on FTE was your first step. Your troubleshooting method, skills of deductive reasoning, and use of that tool between your ears is required if you're gonna own one of these rigs..... And remember, there is no OBDII port to rescue your azz!!!