Thread: Car and Driver
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 11:37 PM
shakemyspeare
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello I'm new.....now that thats out of the way

The good thing about Car and Driver is that the people writing it aren't 'truck guys' but at the very same time, the bad thing about Car and Driver is that the people writing aren't truck guys. Coming from outside the truck world, they don't look for all the same features/abilities that the typical truck owner looks for. This can be a good thing because it offers a different perspective on a new truck, but at the same time it can lead to un-informed conclusions about a product too.

As for not including towing tests, I think somewhere in the article they mention that most of the models/trim packages tested were going on trucks that were personal use trucks, rather than work trucks. They tested the trucks in situations that they felt would be most typical for a personal-use truck. But I may be mixing this article up with the one by Motor Trend.

Ford finished second because it was slower and it handled poorly in almost every aspect (and thats due to excess weight)

Even if the Titan is a 'better' truck than the F150, Ford really doesn't need to worry. Even at max production in Mississippi (did I spell that right?), Nissan will only be able to make 1 Titan for every 8 or 10 F150s that roll off the line.