View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 10:29 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, that month went quick! Been riding the scooter the last couple of days to/from work. Still slightly chilly in the mornings, but in the afternoon with the sun on my back...I feel like a real biker. Then one of those Harley boys goes screaming by and I realize I'm not cool like those boys. Hey Jeff, did you see they're predicting snow in parts of Oklahoma Thursday?
Originally Posted by CLINT-THE-GREAT
So if shooting wild hogs isn't really regulated, do you at least have to report to the state how many you killed, or is it again, just shoot as many as you can no questions asked?
As long as your not breaking wildlife (out of season) or firearm safety laws...get as many as you can is how the Game & Fish sees 'em. Like Jeff, said...the more you kill the less there are tearing up the habitat for the trophy game. I need to talk to my buddy here in town that bagged that one in Sheridan last fall. Seems like they took 5 or 6 out and killed at least four others he said. But he did admit there was "some beer" consumed at deer camp, so he's not exactly sure on the count. I do know one of the guys at work trapped 8 over the course of a week. Thinks he got 'em all, or they got smart to the trap.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
A wild boar hog isn't worth the bullet used to kill them though, the meat isn't fit to eat.
Add to it, the more you kill and leave...the more the possums have to eat. Which means more possums, and depending on where you live...the more we have to deal with on the tracks. They are greasy and not what we want for good rail adhesion.