Thread: Tire Questions
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 10:35 PM
montecarlo31
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hoff.troy
Hey everyone. I've been a long time reader & finally registered - you folks are great resources. Need some input/advice:

Tires on 07 EB Exped - 20inch 275/50 R20
I bought it with the Nexen Rodian HP on it, not bad but maybe looking to upgrade. Nitto 420s, Hankook Ventus, Toyo Proxes STII, Grabber UHP? (Or any others)

They are all similarly priced - looking for best combination of performance, quiet, & treadlife of at least 40,000 mi. Appreciate your input!
Primarily road miles, very little towing, & live in the south so not worried about ice/snow.
40,000 miles you don't expect a lot out of your tires do you? Michelin LTX AT2 if you need something more aggressive, a good 60K mile plus tire. Michelin LTX MS2 a good 90 to 100K mile tire when correctly rotated and maintained. If Michelin is too rich for your blood the Goodyear Wrangler SR-A is a good all around tire and now standard on the 18" wheels.

I run BFG AT KOs only because I spend my time splitting jobsite and office duty. Next set will be the Michelin LTX A/T2s. They are hand's down the best all around tire for a light truck.