Old 04-15-2013, 08:59 AM
montecarlo31
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gpfarrell
This is going to sound a little simple, but as soon as you think you might want to be going faster in a little bit, FLOOR IT!

The 6-speed isn't all bad. It's actually terrific, you just have to make it work for you. 1st gear is really deep, but if you roll away from a red-light gently and it shifts into 2nd gear around 13-15mph, you're too far down the torque curve to get any power. By the time you mash it at 20-25 mph, you're going too fast to catch 1st gear and it just can't get screaming.

Likewise on the highway, if you plan your moves a little bit and start gaining speed before you need it, these buses will move.

I didn't care for the "buy a Mustang" answer above as I already have a Mustang but can't take my family of 5 to the beach in it... but there is some truth to the point that it's not easy to find an extra 50 hp in an Expy/Navi (oh, if only we had Ecoboost!).

I've got some fast stuff too, but if you reprogram your right foot I think you'll find your Ford has more in it than you'd think.

Oh, and its free.

And here I was thinking a 16 sec 1/4 mile was a 16 sec 1/4 mile but I guess if they think it's faster it is faster.

$$$ for $$$ mod motors like boost the best. You can slap a blower on this beast and pick up 120 to 150 hp but it's only going to get you into the 14s on a good day.

If you want a fast domestic you either need to look at a Yukon Denali 6.2 AWD which will bust out high 14s stock (but you lose low range) and mid to low 14s with just tune and intake / exhaust work or a JGC SRT8.

I was all for a Yukon Denali when I got this King Ranch and would trade even up for a new one today BUT they want almost 10k more for a Denali than what I paid for the KR. 10K for 100 hp didn't work out well in my book.