View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 12:33 AM
Senior User

mroth2008 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The build of Balls deep

The truck is a 1991 f250 I bought a year and a half ago for 800 it has baby tires on the truck and was lifted already when I bought it, a buddy in town was selling 4 rims for 100 bucks and had no rubber and the local tire guy that I race had 4 38.5 gumbo monster mudders he was giving away for free but one had a hole in the sidewall. Patched in inside to all hell and it had never leaked once. Pretty well Ive beat the living hell out of the truck, Ive hit more trees with it than I can count it dog tracks like a son of a b**ch.
Currently it has a 302 with a 5 speed. But its getting a 460 with a zf5 but the 460 needed a rebuild which Im doing right now the 460 it self is .030 over withe small dish early efi pistons with f3te with bigger valves with porting and the intake is ported as well. Its also getting a mass air conversion done to it. The front end is a dana 60 that I just did kingpins, axle u-joints, inner and outer tie rods, and a new pitman since mine was welded with a different end. The rear is a sterling 10.25 that was welded for more traction. The rear tank leaks I preping a new one right now. The frame is rusty in all the usual spots but im good shape mostly the shackle and spring hangers are rotted pretty good but I have new ones to go with a 64 inch spring swap in the rear for a better ride since for whatever reason the owner before, put rear springs in the front and front springs in the rear but thier lift springs and did a really poor shackle flip, he put the shackles straight up and down. I work on the truck everyday just about. We had 44's on the truck for abit.
And the truck
Click the image to open in full size.

My brother wanted to borrow the truck to go fishing and some a**hole went under the truck at night and cut all my u bolts on the one side 10 mins down the road bang front diff part way under the cab.

And company trailer I borrowed with a killed 2005 f550 with a blown 6.0L Its the only trailed where I dont have to drive over the wheel wells or put tiny tires on it to load it
1994 f250 7.3 idi turbo