View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 05:55 PM
hreyesg
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool E4OD Bad Torque Converter Symptoms?

I recently replaced the E4OD transmission in my 1992 truck with one from a 1994 with 302 engine. The replaced one was working really good other than few issues with a defective new MLPS sensor that I replaced the transmission was smooth and shifting.

Few days ago I noticed a "whirling" noise, This happens not all the time but it's usually noticeable after a stop and when in first gear and goes away when shifting to second gear. It's not loud but enough for me to notice. Most of the times is after I've been driving for 15 to 30 minutes after the engine/transmission warms up. The fluid level is normal and looks fine as far as color and smell.

Today along with the whirling noise I noticed in a hill stop the transmission was not engaged it did after I give gas but felt kind of "draggy" like I have to put more gas to go on. When arrived at my driveway the reverse engaged but it feels like I'm pulling a heavy trailer.

So far I have CEL neither a blinking overdrive light indicator. Just frustrated to have this new problem to figure. My hope is that this relates to the torque converter that came with the transmission and didn't change.

Few minutes ago I started the truck and it's acting normal and engaging without need for gas to do so.

I'll appreciate any comments to figure this ting out and some way to fix it..Thanks!