Thread: Shelby Raptor
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 04:20 PM
kameronth
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Beechkid
Most of the "Shelby Designed/Built" items I have seen, when carefully inspected are nothing new...typically existing parts from suppliers....visually modified and that's about it. Any design work or component building they do is of the simple type (nothing really that any good home machinist couldn't do themselves) and/or mods...most of the time anything that requires "thought" while they spec the need, someone else builds it (or I should say takes an existing component they mfg and modifies it).
I agree that many of their parts are from other manufacturers. Just like Ford does (Brembo Brakes, Fox Shocks, Re-badged Ford Racing Shocks made by Tokico, re-badged Whipple Super Chargers, etc). It's common practice in the auto industry. In fact, I don't know of any auto manufacturer out there that makes every single part on their cars or builds.

Baer, Eibach, Borla, Whipple, C/R Racing are just a few companies that Shelby uses in many of their builds. They also produce in house a vast variety of parts as well such as hoods, fascia's, shock braces, grilles, brake duct cooling kits and numerous Cobra parts.