View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 12:20 AM
R. Victor
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1955 Ford F100

I am a new member and can't seem to find the correct way to Post a New Question, so I will proceed in this format. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have built three antique cars in the past 15 years but never a Truck. I am looking at a 1954 F100 which seems to be in good shape but I have not been able to put in on my lift as yet. The owner has consigned it to a local used car dealer and I must wait for his approval to inspect it while on my lift. Althought it seems that the frame and Body are in good condition from what I can see buy looking under I have discovered what I consider an unusual item that is under both doors. It is a rubbery strip between the door frame and what I believe is called the running board or the place where you step up to get into the cab area. This rubbery strip runs the entire length of the door but is not attached to the door. Both sides of the Truck have this item. I cannot determine how this is suppose to be part of the frame or Chassis/body. I have been unsuccessful in finding a diagram or pictures on the Internet of what this sturcture should look like. I would appreciate any advice on this matter as I would like to buy this truck if the frame, body, suspension and mechanics are in good condition, which they seem to be except for this rubbery item. I have never seen this type of device before on any vehicles that I am familiar with or even trucks. Ron

Last edited by R. Victor; 03-31-2013 at 10:34 PM. Reason: typo error