Thread: Exhaust
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:35 PM
GG386
Mountain Pass
Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by devongarver
If you are not wanting drone, then stay away from dronemasters, I mean FlowMasters...especially a 1 in 2 out. Something with a perforated x-pipe inside is what you want to eliminate drone. My local exhaust shop carries them in stock. Also, if you choose to do 1 in 2 out, any muffler is going to have at least some drone to it. You need to eliminate the y pipe and feed 2 pipes in to muffler with 2 out to eliminate it all together. I have had duals on nearly every vehicle I have ever owned, and have had more than a few flowmaster setups. The more I learned how exhaust systems worked to change sound and flow of gases, the more I realized flowmasters are hopeless to be drone free, just by design.
Hey DG, that's some rock solid advice you got there. Per our pm, I ended up removing everything back from the down tubes including that problem child collector. Now its clear why that big honkin resonator is there, just to calm done that mess of acoustics that's created by that (8 into 1) 4" collector! Good call, & thanks for your insight- I owe you one (or more)