View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 09:34 PM
phatpharm85
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish the camera would of picked up the times, then we would known fro sure if the lighting was stock or not. Oh wait I've got an idea let me find a stop watch and I'll do my best at timing it. We couldnt even hear that dodge so either it was a fake srt-10 or the guy really chicken footed it.

Edit:
With my simple analog stop watch that I had I was able to get around 12-13 secs. I dont have 10th's on it so I cant tell you exactly but it was around high 12's low 13's. A stock lighting with an excelent driver if I recall is running 13.8ish or somewere in the high 13's. So if my calculations were anywere right its just alittle faster then stock(maybe a sec, sec and a tenth), an aftermarket exhaust, a shift improvement kit, drag slicks, traction bars, and maybe a smaller pully. Anyone agree? The stock SRT-10's are running something like 13.2 maybe 13.4 I think, I know there wasnt a big difference in them considering the extra gearing and the extra power of the dodge. IMHO opinion there was almost if not more then a full sec between the two trucks, that would put the dodge about as fast as a stock lighting. The driver def. needs to work on driving skills. With the above mentioned mods the lighting was probally putting out about 450 horse or so. Imagine another 50 horse, from ford?

Last edited by phatpharm85; 01-30-2004 at 09:50 PM.