View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 09:15 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
My bed and tailgate came from the little known, dry eastern side of our state. Unfortunately my cab came from the West side where we are famous for rain. Not much snow/salt except the municipalities have discovered salt in the last few years. I spent years 14 to 21 in New England. My formative driving years in rust buckets. Today's cars last longer in salt than the old ones. My first pickup, a '65 f100, I bought in '72, so it was 7 years old and was rotted 1/2 way up the doors. Paid 375.00 for it with 50,000 miles. Of course new it was probably 1400.00 or so... Today I try to buy my old vehicles from dry areas and get them here however I can. Shipped a non running landcruiser truck from Show-Low AZ. a few years back, and a '53 f350 pickup from N. Dakota. Both cost 900.00 to have shipped. A good deal for rock solid sheet metal. Lucky for me, my fiance likes traveling in Montana, Idaho and Eastern Oregon and Washington. Great hunting grounds for trucks and parts. Oh, and Spurredon we fly to Hawaii a week from today and the honemoon starts a couple days after we get there. I went to value village (second hand clothes) and got a bunch of Hawaiian shirts and some of those short pants so I won't look like a tourist.......

Attached Images