Old 03-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 3,939 Likes on 1,213 Posts
The pickup I have now (in the avitar and sig) originally came from Landmark. I bought it from the son of the woman who bought it. Records showed regular maintenance at Landmark with average stealership prices although they did appear to be at the "top end" of average.
I just spent several weeks looking for a used car. Landmark was higher priced on similar make/model than Newberg or McMinnville. McMinnville, (affectionately known as "Cheatin' Charlies") - Colvin Auto Center, seems higher than anyone else. The last two "dealership" cars I have bought both ended up coming from Larsen Motors in Mac. One is a Mercury and the other was a Buick.
Larsen's is a GM/Buick/Cad Stealership and the cars I bought from them were anywhere's from 1000 to 3000 cheaper than anyone else in a 200 mile search radius. They seem to be higher on service.............

My sister bought her used 7.3 PS 2002 F250 Extended Cab from Newberg Ford. I didn't think much of the "deal" she got from them and I don't think much of her diesel mechanic. She and her husband are not the ones you want picking out your next vehicle, but she got the pickup from Newberg Ford for a day to have it "checked" out. Which I thought was great that a dealership would let her have the pickup for a day (actually over night) so it could be checked by an "independent" mechanic.
She took it to her mechanic who said she was getting an extremely good deal on it. In their two years of owning it, they have had to replace ball joints and several other not so cheap parts and had to have a 3 grand transmission rebuild. I think the truck she got had seen some heavy duty and extreme service and her (expensive) mechanic should have picked up on it. I also don't see how Newberg Ford did not know about bad ball joints and a couple of other things if they did any kind of inspection on the vehicle before offering it for sale.