View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
I called Big 5 and Dick's Sporting Goods stores in Fresno, and neither one of them sells the passes. So if I am able to make it, I will just look for a Ranger station once I get down there.

I can try and save my money between now and then, but it is going to be tough unless this insurance job starts paying me money (I am hired by them, but technically I am self employed. so I get paid nothing for going to their trainings.) Also, the Bronco's registration is due in April, and this year I have to get it smogged. So I am trying to find ways to fund that. I should be able to go if I save as much money as I can in May and June like I did for the Pismo trip. I am guessing it will be about the same distance from here, but will have to check it out to be sure.

It doesn't help that I had a flat tire on Wednesday, and aired it up with a compressor so I could drive the 3 blocks to the closest tire shop, only for it to run out of air so fast, I ruined the tire by the time I got there. I ended up getting a used BF Goodrich tire of the same size, mounted, and balanced for $40 which is a great deal, but means I am now $40 short of gas money, and can't get the Bronco smogged until next payday. Which is the payday I was planning on getting the truck registered. LOL. When it rains it pours.

However, I am just waiting on the State to approve my insurance license, and I have 3 people already waiting for that to happen so they can buy some insurance from me. So even if the settlement doesn't happen quick enough, I should be ok as long as the State doesn't deny the license.

So far, the only off roading I have done in the Bronco is the two trips to Pismo and a short local dirt road that turns into a mud road after a rain. I can't wait to take it on some of those trails to see how it does. I do want to make sure I have enough gas though, would not be cool to run out of gas out in the middle of a trail LOL.

Jim