View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 06:49 AM
packardbell1962
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suitable gearbox.

Hello!
I'm new here and I don't know much about SD-engines (GM is my thing, originally...), so here is my background:

I live in Sweden, and I have a -91 F350 Navistar 4x4 CrewCab as a daily driver, some 200 000 Km (350 000 miles?) on it and no problems at all. Great car...

Yesterday I stumbled over a jet engine starter, a low pressure blower with a 534 in the other end. Hasn't been running that much and is in good condition. An idea popped up: Swap! Went home and found this forum and dropped that idea...
But! Along with that jet engine starter came a brand new 534, a spare crate engine, never started, original everything, and conserved in the military way. And so another idea popped up: Let's have some fun! And by fun I mean "build something around it..."

So this is my Q: What kind of tranny can I hook it up to? There is no flywheel, so an automatic would be OK, but which bolt pattern can I use without an adapter? Since it's such a low revver but with monster torque, will an ordinary truck EOD or similar fit? And is there any other foreseeable problems??? Any suggestions???
Thanks!
/Bamse