View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 05:30 PM
2003EXPY
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I checked recently and the place that makes Die Hard batteries also makes Wally World's,and CostCo's and maybe Auto Zone's DuraLast,I got CRS today and am not for certain on the DuraLast.
The first three are top rated for regular lead acid batteries.
I'll find a link to the report I read and post it here.
Great,now I can't find the site.
But,I can tell you way back I used to use Diehards until they got too expensive.
My last three vehicles were all FoMoCo,all had the original installed Motorcraft battery in them.
My first 2004 Mercury Marauder still had the original battery in it when I sold it New Year's Eve of 2009.
My 2002 Crown Vic ex Champaign County,IL Sheriffs unmarked car's original (I has all the service records on the car since new) finally failed in Oct. of 2011.(not bad surviving roughly 10 years in a cop car). I replaced it with a 65 series DuraLast Gold as I couldn't beat the price/performance.
My current 2004 Mercury Marauder still has the originally installed Motorcraft battery in it.I bought the car from the original owner and he was a fanatic on it saving ALL the paperwork including gas receipts,from day 1.
I'd say Motorcraft batteries held up quite well between the nasty winters and high humidity sometimes broiling summers in my non garage kept cars in Chicago.
If I do replace a battery in the future it will probably be one of the first three brands I listed unless I can get a really decent price break on a Motorcraft battery.

Last edited by 2003EXPY; 03-17-2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: update