View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 12:18 AM
Steve Sindt
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1969 f250 (highboy)

Looking at a 1969 ford high boy 4x4, wanting to know if its worth it. The guy says its a 390 but read a lot of post saying most are really 360s, is terr any way to check besides mess airing stroke? Truck runs and drives but I starting to back fire at rpms high than 5000. He said his mechanic is going to check and set timing. Carbs rebuild and new distributor, body is good paint is crap but its in Texas so nothing but minor serface rust. The guy wants $1000 for it tires will work well for time being, brakes are pretty bad. Interior needs help but is liveable. Trying to attach picture (iPhone) won't let me use photobucket. Thoughts on value? I'm wanting to get this for a project with my son in a few years. I'm pretty handy with a wrench and body work isn't bad (prep for paint). I would work on it piece by piece and drive it a few times every now and again. But would like to restore for my sons first truck. I had a 1988 Scottsdale my dad and I fixed up.. More of a ford guy tho, free first truck lol ll take it.
And ideas on value and or is it worth it? How will I determine which axles it has front an rear any markings to look for? It is a standard also seems to shift find I know most older trucks are a breeze to work on.