View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 08:28 PM
adamkat22
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, just to get the info into the ether world in case some day someone else is trying to figure out how to solve this problem with no access to a plug (for their block heater, hair dryer, etc) i ended up following the advice of a friend. i got as much wvo out of lines as possible and reprimed the filter with diesel cracked all injectors and and turned it over until i the injectors started to push diesel through. (he said if i was real desperate and only had one shot on a battery i could have also pulled the glow plugs to really blast it through).

theoretically i think that should have solved my problem. unfortuantely i had a pre-existing air intrusion that made starting difficult PRIOR to all this so after a day of bicycling my batteries to various coffee shops to sit on my trickle charger only to bring them back and drain them trying to start my car i finally threw in the towel and towed it to a shop at the end of the day. they are going to re-prime lines and let me know if i burned out my pump or not.