Thread: My 1989 F150
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Krisverde
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 1989 F150

So I've inherited my grandpa's truck that he bought brand new in 89 from Pasco, WA.

My goal is to make it look new again with some engine/suspension mods. Truck has a 5.0 with 129k on it. AOD has been rebuilt already. Interior isn't too bad on the truck. Carpet needs a little cleaning from the people who have had it for the last couple years. Dash is crack free.
I've got a few things to deal with to make it road worthy again. Right now I need to redo the brakes. After that I need to deal with 2 broken bolts on the top of the waterpump. Once that's dealt with ill start with exhaust and continue from there. I definitely want to do a maf conversion.

Also none of the power windows work. I think the passenger side motor is seized and the regulator or the bushings in the motor failed on the driver side.

List of stuff I want to get done (not in any particular order):
Long tube headers
Delete smog stuff (i've passed in az without this stuff before)
Heads
Roller assembly stuff for the engine.
HO cam
Maf conversion
Valve body with OD lock out from silverfoxtrans
Deep pan for AOD
Haven't decided if I will level the truck out or do a 3/4 drop
Might do some sort of Forced Induction either turbo or supercharger.

Anyways here are some pics.

I put a blanket over the seat so the small rip wouldn't get any bigger and I am half tejano LOL.

Sweet curtains right?

It's weird owning something that has so much history in my family.
Like I said I want to make it look new again because my grandpa always talked about getting repainted since the paint went to hell when he moved to AZ