View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Texas Chain Ring
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the same boat, btw. I rent a room (full house privileges including something like 400+ cable channels and all bills paid as well as my own restroom with jacuzzi tub and another bedroom I use for lounging) in one of the nicer areas of Houston, Memorial. the entire home is tiled and decked out with flat screens. Her guest restroom is like a five star hotel, all black tile and glass doors, just sweet! Mine is silver tile. It's just myself and the owner (plus we each have one dog), a very nice older (high class, high dollar) lady. But this room came with a special surprise, she also owns property in Galveston where her husband works. Huge luxury fifth wheel (full stainless appliances, flat screen) and fishing whenever I want to go and they always are inviting me to come down and spend some time with them down there. I have full use of their land down there on Jamaica Beach which I take full advantage of whenever they go on vacations and they go quite a lot. They are just a cool couple overall, treat me like a son.

Sometimes you can get very lucky, lots of good people out there. No way I could afford all that on my own, not two properties at least. Saves me at least $700.000-ish a month living like this (in the lap of luxury) comparing it to my old apt. That took too much money and was one quarter the size of this one townhouse, let alone it was smaller than their travel trailer.

Anyways, good luck!