View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 07:22 AM
Madriver911
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel Submariner
G'day Trev,

You might want to check out a fella on this forum trying to stuff a 7.3 into a Tojo in Sth Africa.

That era Pootrol had a serious issue with the Chassis buckling and breaking in two .
Finding the space and allowing for the weight of a 7.3 + a ZF would be an interesting exercise.

All I can say is good luck mate and keep a good running blow by blow thread on this as you will have an audience willing you on.

Cheers,
Reg
Originally Posted by SSSimon
There was another thread somewhere where a US Navy guy stuffed the 7.3 into his International Scout. He solved the under-power issue but created a whole pile more (which be also solved).
Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder
Not bad for ya first post. Welcome to FTE bro.
Im with Reg on this one. A 500kg motor in the front of that. WOW.

Thanks guys for the feed back and I'll do a search for those projects.

I'll give you some more info about the project. The driveline will weigh 150kg more then the original but i'll be doubling the cubes, doubling the transmission gears and doubling the transfer case gears. The chassis rails are a box section and the seem very strong but i will be adding fish plates and other bracing especial over the coil seats.

I'll be trying to minimize the weight by running a dry sump system, chromoly tubing for the cage and roof rack, alloy wheels and any other thing i can save weight on.

I know I'll be expecting issues but with the knowledge of the mechanical fitters at work, the forums I'm on and the tools I've got, I should be able to solve every issue.

Here's some of the tools I own

Question:
How do these engines and computers go by running without a turbo?

Thanks
TRev