View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 05:32 AM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Injectors, timing, pump & more..

You are probably right, and I had thought of buying a new/rebuilt pump, but have decided to have the pump's pressure checked. I purchased the truck in 99 with only 37,500 miles on it, but noticed right away, that it would not keep up with my older '88 that had 220,000.

I had a rebuilt pump, (from the pump man in Redding Ca.), put on when I had 110,000 miles, but no new pump since then. I have however, put in new injectors, like, maybe... 3 times.. and used the Delphi brand, new from the box.

I use the truck as my Baja runner, and it makes 4 trips up and back annually. which is about 1000 miles each way. Its usually all pavement, other than washouts during the hurricane season. I have a K&N air cleaner, which I noticed someone made derogatory comments about ?? Is it not what I should be running? What then?

Perhaps its time for a pump, new injectors, and pump timing.. I will have it checked out. If you know a reputable diesel mechanic in the San Diego area, I would appreciate the turn oun..

thanks amigo,

Baja