View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 07:51 PM
McMatty
New User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Matty's '53 F100 build (D)

Figure it best to get a progress thread started for my '53 and share with the kind folks here who will appreciate this the most.

I shopped around for a 53-56 F100 and came to realize that if I purchased someone else's finished project, it would be just that...
Someone else's.
If I decided to change things, I'd be adding a lot more cost onto what I had planned on spending.

Ultimately my goal is a '53 on the outside with all the newest goodies underneath the hood and inside the cab.

I made the decision to buy a bare bones '53 cab and chassis with a fibreglass front tilt, new box and almost all of the body work already completed.

The owner bought it off of someone else who wanted to complete a full restoration.
Fortunately for me, everyone had big plans for this truck but they either didn't have the time or had too many hobbies and interests on the go to continue on with the project.
This truck has no bondo anywhere. If there was a problem area, the metal was replaced. We got a few quotes for the paint work and everyone seems to agree that it's not going to need much more than a light sanding and it's ready for paint.
Name:  ynxEJ7B.png
Views: 86
Size:  436.3 KB
Name:  9xA0D4W.png
Views: 70
Size:  695.4 KB
Lower half of doors have got all new sheet metal as well as handles shaved.
Name:  6mBTTdz.png
Views: 47
Size:  336.3 KB

The truck came with brand new Bf Goodrich tires and new American racing rims. Not really my style so I hope to be able to sell them for close to their value since they are brand new, or make a trade with a tire shop here.
I'm leaning towards Budnik rims which are definitely more my style.
Name:  mwA6Fd7.png
Views: 49
Size:  154.3 KB

I'm going the suicide door route for style and function.
I wear prosthetic legs and it will be much easier if I don't have to swing my legs around as far to get out.

5.0L Coyote crate engine and transmission have been purchased.
Name:  7D0xbwR.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  651.0 KB
Name:  H3a7rzn.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  745.4 KB
Name:  N8DZxdh.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  625.5 KB

Will keep updating as I receive pics from the builder.

Heres a link for anyone interested in additional photo's of the outside of the truck:
Matty's 1953 Ford F100 - Imgur