View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 02:51 PM
bwep
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, he is 70 and is compleatly confused with this truck because of all the options. He has always had XL's. If a "LOW" oil light does indeed exist i'm sure he would probally missed it. Plus with it being a blizzard out trying to watch your plow and where your backing up will defenately distract you. With the oil pissing out at a fast rate, you might have to be pretty quick to catch it. I know oil pressure gauges show pressure right to the end.

Ok... looks like they have a "low" oil pressure warning indicator light, not "low" level. In this case probally not helpfull. You will have oil pressure probally till it runs out in the pump, to late then. Strange they have a built in limp mode for the motor if it runs low on coolant, but not if it runs low on oil.

Update : My father told me the "low" oil pressure light indeed did come on, but he said the motor was already making noise, said it was all top end noise. He told me the hole in the filter was just below the top ring of the filter. Said it had a dimple there and looked like the paint on the filter had covered it over during the manufacturing process. After a few hundred miles it pushed thru the paint and started the leak. He said he will be heading to the dealer end of next week and tell them what happed. On a good note he said the motor is running fine and is not making any noise.

Last edited by bwep; 02-21-2013 at 04:07 PM. Reason: add info