Old 02-21-2013, 10:10 AM
gabes
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowman 8
I have a 12 F350 with 3.73 gears and I also have a 13 F150 with an Eco boost and the max tow package. The weights that you are talking about could easily be pulled with the new F150's with your hitch. If I didn't have to tow skid steers and a mini excavator on a regular basis I wouldn't even own the F350. The Eco pulls my lighter trailers 7-8000lbs just as well as the 6.2 in the F350 I think that the eco even gets up to speed faster. Then when empty the 6.2 gets 10-12 mpg and the Eco will get 16-20 and rides ALOT better. If you feel the need to have a superduty the 6.2 will meet your needs just fine and save you ALOT of money in maintenance costs and repairs over the Diesel engines. Unless you are going to exceed 10-11000lbs I would pickup a new F150 with the max tow package. Since 2005 I have owned two 6.0 diesels (JUNK), an 08 expy with a 5.4, an 11 F150 with the 5.0 (great engine), and now the 6.2 and Eco. These new engines are far superior to the 5.4 for towing and either choice would meet your needs just fine.
As I am asking one of the other responders, do you feel there is a clear advantage to an F250 over F150 with regard to pulling stability (due to heavier components, etc.)? I am aware that the new/newer F150s are better rated for towing compared to my '05, but I am also looking at the overall level of stability and whether it would be noticeable to me to pull with an F250 versus an F150. As much as the gas mileage report on the new F150s is enticing, I am willing to give efficiency up to gain a better towing experience...I was once told that if I am going to get into camping (i.e. towing a travel trailer or 5th wheel), don't do it if I am looking to save money, 'cause it won't happen...I am OK with that.