View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 04:22 PM
Seifferlein
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Ford needs to bring back the big block to a car, and the Cobra is perfect for it. Besides, I hear that chevy is working on bringing back the BB 427 for the Corvette--- I don't know if it is true or not. Sure, there are some downsides to big blocks, but nothing that can't be overcome.
I am kind of tired of hearing about supercharged/turboed/etc. small displacement engines. I'd like to see a new big block pushing out raw numbers. It would be really neat. But I suppose all it would be is "neat" or nostalgic; not practical.
IMO- its amazing what they have done to smaller displacement engines. They make all these small engines that can push out great HP/torque numbers that ----back a few decades--- would have taken a modified big block to get. However, I think car companies should apply their efforts and technology to larger displacement engines so they can get outrageously high HP and torque numbers and still have a reliable fuel efficient engine---Of course, non of that is practical or necessary, but it sure would be neat.