Old 02-17-2013, 10:16 AM
lundman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
diesel 1/2 tons

Originally Posted by kermmydog
I seriously doubt Ford will come out with a diesel in the F150. They have bet the farm on the EcoBoost. They won't put that into jeopardy, by offer competition to it.

Craig

I have to agree with that above quote but the new diesel has been on the radar for quite a time with diesel owners and truck owners. They have diesels in lighter vehicles in Europe and they are liked over there. Unless you tow most or your time, or need big payloads most of the time, the 1/2 ton diesel makes sense. Personally, I think the public will welcome it. And to think how much cheaper it is to maintain a 1/2 done compared to the heavy duty parts in trucks these days, well, big savings for sure.

I haven't had a Dodge since 98 and swore off them as just had too many complaints between me and buddies who drove the Dodges. These days though, just like Polaris ATV's of past, they have come a long way. Still wouldn't buy a Polaris ATV though.

I looked at the new Dodges and the interior and finish looked pretty good to me. I'll probably be going back to Chev trucks again for my next truck though as my F-250 hasn't really turned my crank with the problems I have had the last couple of years plus.

Glad to hear Dodge is opening a new market though.

Incidentally, I know Ford says their F-150 is the best selling light duty truck in North America but the truth is the GM and GMC light duty trucks are so similar and if you were to combine the sales of those two trucks together than the F-150 would be second. Don't get mad, just a fact.