Thread: Train Horns
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 09:00 PM
parker245
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Edgethis
Wheres the video of the horn in action Most of the on demand set-ups I have seen like that have a really high pitched sound.

+1 on the advice for the wiring.
I'll have to work on the video with sound. The pitch is lower than you would think, but still not as low and loud as a train.

As for reaching for the business cards? Before I installed my hands free charging cradle for my phone, I used to keep my iPhone in that slot. And yes, I blew the horn reaching for the business cards...ONCE.

The best on so far was when I got tagged to pick my son up from high school. He's in the 9th grade, so he isn't driving yet. He has another boy riding home with him and usually my wife picks them up. Well, I went one afternoon. When the other boys hand touched the door handle, I blew the horn. He jumped up and started to run like a scalded dawg right there in the high school parking lot. I think he pissed himself.

I live in a small burb just west or Texarkana. I know EVERYONE in town. The fire station is at the corner of my neighborhood and the main street out of town. The other morning I caught the fire chief just as he was getting out of his Chief's Truck we got him to drive around. It was early one morning and he was about to his office door. I blew the horn at him and he nearly jerked a knot in his neck to see what was blowing that loud. I saw him at a towns meeting the other night and he had some kind words for me.

Yeah, it is fun. I'm prolly gonna get my **** kicked, or at least somebody will try one day. If they look real pissed, please refer to the thread about What You're Carrying in the Texas Chapter with my name on it.....