Thread: New Edge vs
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:24 AM
hop
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Edge vs

Consumer Reports gives higher marks for the Escape than the Edge but both are lower than the competition. The Edge is given low marks for reliability but I have not seen any consumers expression a common problem other than with MFT and the CR history gives good marks for the last 3 years. Are the maintenance and resale value really that bad?

Which to pick? The cargo room is nearly the same although the Edge looks bigger. The Edge is heavier with a V6 better for towing and I would expect ride better and be better in snow and mountainous driving.

While the mpg of the competition 4 banger's is a big plus, they are noisy and probably not as comfortable on cross country trips, especially through mountains. The Explorer appears to have mixed views and also, given low marks by CR and it's a little larger than I really need but haven't completely discounted it.

I'm looking for the best fit 5-7 passenger for long drives, camping, and mountains. MPG is a big factor but I want power to get up mountains and around pokes.

Let me hear your side.