Old 01-27-2013, 10:10 PM
2005X
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless entry pad and Homelink visor - need HELP please

I have had couple weeks now to bond with my used Ex now, but there are a couple of convenience features that I cannot get working: the Homelink garage door opener and the Keyless entry pad on driver's door. The car is 2010 Exp EL / EB.

Tried to search the forum for the code location, but only similar answers I found were couple years older and most from the F150 board, where some said the factory 5-digit keyless code is on a sticker/label in the fuse panel area. Checked there today and saw nothing. Looked in the owners manual and it says it is on the wallet card (did not come with my used vehicle) or available thru the dealer. Does anyone know if I should be able to find it in the car somewhere or need to ask a service dept to lookup by VIN?

As for the Homelink thing, I'm really starting to think I have a bad visor unit or something. I have programmed them on 2 other cars and not had any problems. It will not recognize / learn the handheld remote holding next to the visor. Asking here to see if anyone has directions other than what is in the owneres manual? Pg. 145 of my manual has the programming instructions, but does not even say to start by pressing the 2 outside buttons to get the lights flashing first, like on the Homelink web site. But either way, with or without that first step, it never turns to a rapidly blinking light. Any advice?

Thanks!