View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 09:22 AM
81ChopTop
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Pastortom1
What I have to pull is a 16 foot concession style trailer loaded with musical gear.....I do community outreach ministries, concerts, emergency relief, etc....... The F-100 that was stolen had a 302, and it had plenty of power to pull it around and maneuver it...............

The Class III was installed on the 460 at some other point than factory.....It's complete though, all wired with a controller......nice job, and just what I need.....

I'm going to use the truck for more than hauling the trailer though.....The trailer is spotty usage, and generally short trips.....All other use will be around town, and an occasional sprint to Orlando or something (Like Old Town, or just a day out of town)................THIS is why I'm torn.......I don't know if the fuel I'm going to save with the 302 is gonna be "cost-effective".......I like customs and classics, and I KNOW that the 95-302 is going to be yet another project to get into.......Parts, customizing, installations,.....and It will still be a 95 F-150 when it's finished................with 187K on it...............

???

Kind of sounds like you have pretty much made up your mind on which truck, and just need that last little convincing. IMO, if you want that "classic" look, you won't get it with the '95, no way, no how (I have seen a few of the 90's trucks that look really nice though).

So there's no leads on your old truck that was stolen? Has the insurance company written it off already? If you really like the '80-'86 styles, why not look around for one of those and see what comes up? Just trying to get an idea of what's going on and what YOU really like the most.