View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:58 AM
truckertrav
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pastortom1
Guys, this is my forum (my truck was stolen, and I'm considering another one, but it's a 78....Bear with me)..........and I have a question about the 460 Carbureted engine in front of a C6......

The truck I'm looking at has what he calls "standard" rear gears, so I assume they're not too low.....It's an F-150 with bells and whistles....A/C, fancy pants package (Ranger too, I think) from '78.....WELL taken care of, under 80K original miles, and obviously a creampuff ... whomever owned it treated it well....Near Mint condition with no restoration.

I'd like to know what realistic gas mileage figures I could expect from this beasty......I had a 460 Fuelly in my 89 350 Fifth Wheel hauler, and the mileage was abysmal.

Do any of you'se guys have experience with this combo? PLEASE let me know asap...................... Thanks. Doc
My 76 F250 with the 460,4V (E-brock 1405,600CFM) will get about 14, IF you baby it...

It has the 3:55's in the rear...

Expect around 11 loaded, pulling a trailer,etc..

Less, depending on state of tune,quick starts,etc.

But, no more miles than I put on it yearly (about 6K) I LOVE it..

It doesn't matter what you are pulling, if you want to go, just mash on it..Note: If nose starts bleeding from the surge of power, please reduce pressure on gas pedal......Trav..