View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 08:42 AM
TosaFords
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RAPR
The LCD screen will just display if TCS is on or off. You can't control it from there. I'm also pretty sure that the LCD screen displays nothing about ESC or RSC being on or off, but the user manual explains it. I have also tested out the ESC being off versus just having the TCS off.

You can tell a difference on a gravel road. With just TCS off, you will still maintain positive traction, leaving 2 peel out marks (the best setting for going offroad). With ESC turned off, your truck will act like a true open differential, leaving 1 peel out mark (I see no practical purpose for turning this off).
Holding the button until the AdvanceTrac off message is displayed and disabling the RSC/ESC is helpful when you are laying on the frame in the mud and trying to get pulled out. When all 4 tires start spinning even in 4LO that system will kick in and try to make them stop slipping by cutting power way back.

I had this happen to me. I couldn't figure out why my truck seemed to be stumbling while trying to get out. The Lower Control Arms on the front axle were hooked in the ground good and when the tires started slipping the AdvanceTrac system cut my power and I stopped dead. Took one hell of a tug to get me out. Once I turned off TCS/AdvanceTrac the truck would finally let me have full power in 4LO to help climb my way out of the holes I had dug my self into.

I will also add that I have an E-Locker so I had had 3 tires digging when I was trying to get through.