Thread: carb swap
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Boss351Bronco88
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by greystreak92
fordman75,

First off, I didn't scold anyone. The question was asked about going FROM fuel injection TO carburation, not the other way around as your comment about the '78 would suggest. The truth of the matter is that the procedure is a 30-year step backwards in technology. That's not a scold, its fact. The rest of my original post is also fact. He asked for information, I gave it.

Gruesomejeans,

If someone wanted to swap a newer EFI mill into a 78-79 model Bronco, the truth of the matter is that an EFI 460 would be ideal given that they would not need to change transmissions because the bellhousing bolt pattern for the 460 is the same as the 351M and 400 mills that were stock at the time. Just add EEC-IV computer and harness along with the EFI 460 and a high pressure fuel pump and away you go.

Gentlemen, lets keep our eyes on the ball lest this become something negative. Our own personal approach to these things will naturally be reflected in our responses. However, not agreeing is no reason to point an accusatory finger at someone who has provided nothing incorrect nor inaccurate.
I agree, The PO asked about swapping from FI to Carb. It is a step back in technology. That is the truth. This is what following posts should concentrate on. We are all here to help each other. We all have our own preferences and reasons...PO including. My Bronco, I finished/fixed the Carb conversion the previous owner attempted and destroyed lol. It was a matter of it was simpler and cheaper to fix and finish the conversion, than to find and match and repair the FI harness/parts. Other than that, it is not anyone's place to dictate what can be done to someone else's Bronco...unless its a safety related thing. But thats just my .02 worth.