Thread: carb swap
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:26 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss351Bronco88
Your going to have to ditch the high and low pressure fuel pumps as well. Or else they're just going to blow out the regulator and then your carb. I did this swap on my 88. Mostly cause it was already done. But it was an absolute nightmare. The PO made a huge mess out of everything. I originally did the DSII swap with a factory style vacuum advance dizzy. I also was able to use the TFI coil and it worked well. Swapped the cast iron 2bbl intake for a Weiand Stealth intake. and topped it with a Edlebrock 600 4bbl with electric choke and 1in spacer. To feed it. I mounted a Mr. Gasket mini electric fuel pump near the tank.

Its a 351w with a C6 and 4.10s. Now its far from stock...I still run the same fuel pump and carb. but now I have a full MSD ignition. 6AL box, Blaster 2 coil, etc.

It's my 1st carbed vehicle. So it has been a learning experience for me. But I plan on going to a Stand-Alone EFI system eventually.
You know, me and another member were talking and he sent a link to an EFI carburetor that edelbrock makes. It was ridiculously expensive but cool nonetheless. I can pm you the link if you want.

On another note, regarding the tranny, IIRC the 1990 all the way to 94 came with an AOD. It was just an auto with overdrive but not as complicated and easily broken as the E4od trans. Maybe someone made the swap before then de died they wanted a C-6 or something. Who knows.