View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 AM
F-100CustomCabTBC
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by theodore/teddy
Blaine; I have the recirculating heater, but after looking at parts book.
The front and back half of the heater as seen in the first two pictures are assembled incorrectly. The front half, the portion that has two round holes (defroster ports) point up and to the center of the truck. The rectangular port of the rear section points to the kick panel and is where the part in the third picture connects.
PS to answer your specific question there is a rubber collar that connects the two parts of duct work. Not available from Ford, according to the catalog. (body group number 18489)
Clear as mud???
Good luck in your quest.
Those pictures were taken just after I got a ton of parts back from being powder coated. I think I just put those two pieces together however I was holding them so I could store them at the time.

A rubber collar answers my question. Thank You!

Originally Posted by 59pu
Teddy is right. I salvaged mine out of a wrecking yard complete, as mine was built w/o a heater! Amazing to me even in Calif.
There is a rather thick rubber sleeve that connects to the fresh air fitting. I suppose you could use some wide black vinal tape or find an inner tube the right size to cut up. But Judging by the work of art done to restore that heater you're looking for show level orig. equip. I'll have to see that truck!
I go w/ whatever works and looks decent.....oh yeah and cheep!
Speaking of cheep, when I needed to get a new core I looked around and found an in stock (cheep) one for a later f100 that fit fine but had to mod the tubes a little to fit the firewall holes. Much less $ than a exact repl.
Hope the truck has the defroster connectors @ the dash, those were a bear to install.
Here is a link to my project thread on my truck, go to the last couple of pages to see what it looks like now:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...ml#post6759525

A rubber sleeve answers my question Thanks.

I think I might have a few things in mind to use as a rubber sleeve. I might look at it today.

"Defroster connectors @ the dash" Do you mean the hook/wire that goes on the cardboard defroster vent or no?