View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:31 AM
fmtrvt
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whether you do the "progressive dilution" method as most of us with Superdutys do, or the pull the hose and do a full fluid change as I did on my granddaughter's Escape, keeping the fluid free of wear debris is the best ways to prevent excessive wear of all the internal moving parts. And of course the potential of the fluid aging and depositing varnish on the valve spools.

I've been a motorhead all of my life. Doing the dropped hose full flush is on of the easiest full fluid changes i have ever done. If you are comfortable changing spark plugs, doing a full changeover should not be a problem unless you also are a klutz.

The rare instance of a person forgetting to re-tighten the hose clamp can have disastrous results, but I'm also familiar with rare occasions of dealer and private garage mechanics doing things that cause just as much of a disaster.

I'm in the process of recreating all the pictorials I had on the now defunct Webshots on my Facebook page so I'll try to throw together what I had for this work later this week.

Last edited by fmtrvt; 01-10-2013 at 07:01 PM. Reason: spellin'
The following users liked this post: