View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 02:58 AM
boyter
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running again??

Finally got the 2.3 back together, anyone out there who battles with a chronic disease (fibromyalgia) knows how hard it is to stay bent over an engine for hours. I can work on it for about 30 minutes, then I have to take a break and rest. It could be much worse, at least I can get around and do a little. Now it has started smoking, which it was not doing before. When it idles for a red light or traffic, it blows blue smoke out the tailpipe. I haven't done a comp. test yet, I guess that's next on the list. If I can get by for a while, I have a 302 just waiting out in my building to put in her. I need some advice from you all who are familiar with motor swaps. Will my stock 4sp mate up to a V8, my Ranger is factory transmission and rear end, and not posi? Is the stock radiator up to the task of cooling a 302 with air conditioning? Who could recommend a company who makes the necessary hardware, or is it doable? I have a good friend who is an excellent welder, so if I had some idea of dimensions he could help me fab. the mounts, and whatever else it needs. I have never tried a project this large before, but I admire the little Rangers with a big engine. I am planning to make a sleeper out of it, with single exhaust and a quiet muffler, except for a cutout for taking it to the dragstrip once in a while. Sorry about the long post, but would appreciate any and all responses. I hope to start on it this spring, if the Good Lord willing. Thanks so much! J Boyter