Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 AM
FordGuy85
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 5.4l no start issue. may be fuel pump?

Been a while since iv been on here. Just now had a problem with my SD. Went to Walmart yesterday. After a horrible shopping experience, went to leave. Truck cranked but wouldn't start. Tried for 30 min. After a tow truck driver came to help (AAA) the truck started right up. I had him haul my truck to my house anyways for fear the fuel pump was on its last leg. After We got to my house truck started right up Again and has been since then.
I borrow a fuel pressure guage from Autozone. Tried to hook it up to the shrader valve on the fuel rail. It stripped out a little No reading on the guage. So I hooked it up in line BEFORE the fuel filter. Guage still had no reading. It still read zero psi. So i went back to Autozone. Got a new guage. Hooked it up. Now when I turn the key on it is 22 psi. Then when I start the motor its 34 psi.
My question is, is that the correct psi comming out of the fuel tank. Does that seem low? The trick has been starting up since that no start problem happened yesterday.