View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:39 PM
bike_guy123
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=SkySkiJason;12687707]That is an up-pipe leak and will easily cause the symptoms you describe. The problem is due to 'donut' seals where the up-pipes go into the collector.

You likely sucked up a french fry or a chicken wing causing this to happen. Its a hazard of running WVO...

I tore down the intercooler and pulled the turbo wheel housing off to get to the pipes, broke a few bolts and busted a couple of knuckles. I worked up an appetite, but no worries, I ate the french fries and cheese curds sucked through the fuel filters.....I knew they called that thing a collector for a reason....

I got the drivers side pipe out tonight, and it doesn't look too bad...still looking for that soot covered pipe. The donut looks good and so does the top of the pipe, its not all pitted up. Gonna pull the rest of the turbo off tomorrow along with that other pipe...I figured as long as I was this far down, might as well replace all the connection rubber as well.....

I hope this tear down and replace fixes the leak....I wanna pull some sleds to the northland on GREASE next week.....Thanks for the heads up on the fixes...