View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:07 PM
4x4falcon
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Little Jerry
Yeah I was reading your build thread. I am at a similar stage (down to chasis after bare metalling entire truck, respraying chasis with rust proofing, then rebuild from there), but I am not straying far from stock as I don't have the skillsets / experience that you obviously do.
Actually so far what I've done has all been basically bolt in. The only item I've had to fabricate is the extra support for the engine chassis plate on the left hand side. The sheet metal brackets (fuel pump and filters) are not necessary but just make it easier.

The lift kit only needed some holes (eight) drilled for the drop boxes all the rest was bolt in.

Fuel and brake hard lines are easy to make. If you have the originals then it's just a matter of duplicating them. I've moved the line that runs to the rear from the engine bay so had to work this out from scratch but the rest are stock.

Brake flex lines need to be approved so just need to have a sample that a brake place can make them up for you.

When it comes to remounting the tray I'll have to get into more fabrication as I want it mounted well but will be some cutting and welding only.