Old 01-07-2013, 06:25 AM
E150 4.9 1990
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, I just shooted that for you...

So I was driving during the Christmas vacation with my E250 and at a Ford dealer I saw something unusual standing in front of the showroom: the new Transit Custom ( or what ). It is a part of the newly revealed new Transit range. It is same size as the VW Transporter T5 and I think it won't be offered in the US ( but who knows, as the Transit Connect is successful as you write here many times ) but here it will be a serious competitor for the VW which has no real rival on the EU market. Prices are - to my opinion - hefty, it starts from 23.500USD. If I consider it is very simple constructed vehicle with unibody + FWD then it seems to be a lot. The only thing which is technically evaluable is the 2.2 turbodiesel engine which is strong, very torqy ( do I write this correctly?? seems to be strange for my taste that word ) and I hate it, but I do think with my heart and not with my valet so most people will like it and will forgive its ugly sound ( like all 4cyl diesel that sounds the same like a handful screw in a tin box ) and its ugly smell.

The new Transit is just like the small, wakes no emotion. The American trucks and vans are heavy, thirsty and may be oldfashioned but somehow can be loved even with the fact that the fuel costs ( it costs more than the double of the US prices... ) are really ugly. Actually that is the only thing why people buy here such vehicles. The EU vans are very smart but no emotions, absolutely no and look awful we all know that but a fleet manager cares on the bills and he do that all right. I looks the golden age of emotional trucks and vans approaches to its end in the US too which is a pity. Actually I don't know why Ford wasn't unable to make a masculine design for the new Transit, if we can't have a real truck at least we should get one that looks like. Now only the Express remained true American designed ( actually I think it looks better that the 92 - today Econoline - I miss the olda - 91 Eco so much ) vehicle. I go and make a turn with my E250 now, I want hear its engine rumbling ))

Oh, I don't know how to insert a picture, I did save them from my phone to my computer...please help!