View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 05:20 PM
cb_13
Fleet Mechanic
Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by usmcdad
I have to be honest here. I am a recent Ford convert due to Obama selling Gm mostly to China. I do love my 02 F250 superduty but truly have to say my 2009 and 2010 GMC Sierra s with the 5.3 aka 327 were mighty quick. When the 6 speed was engaged adn was a truly hauling machine and the traction control in the storm of 12-18 about 3 years ago brough all 6 of us home while others were stranded for 4 hours begging for me to stop but I was at capacity. Those 2 trucks were in a lack of better words beastly BUT when Obama sold them to China I dumped them for Ford. i am American PERIOD! Ford has served me well ovr my 40 t years in sevice and will continue to rely on their legendary capacity. No yoyota or Nissan will ever live in this Marine's garage or my marine son's either. We are Americna By God! Weather it be Ford, Chevy or Dodge it is American or nothing else. Right now I have a love affair with my 02 Superduty.
The 5.3 is not the same as the old 327 small block. They are an LS series engine and I believe they are actually 325 cubic inch displacement. Still a pretty good engine though.