Old 01-05-2013, 01:51 PM
spurredon
Fleet Owner
Received 616 Likes on 552 Posts
Originally Posted by SgtSudds
Hi All,
New to this posting. Have 1960 F100 Panel that I brought to Canada from California. Is original and has original 223 engine with 3 speed. Whole system needs refurbishing, so I have thought to install Chev 350 with trans. (Before you threaten me with "ruining" a Ford, I have other vehicles that I have restored ORIGINAL - '93 Vette, '38 Buick, '68 Harley-Davidson Servi-car - and that is my preference!) But, in this case, I want to change. I want comfort and SAFETY when my family drives this great truck. (with any luck, there is a photo posted too). Big reason for the change is access to well-running 350.

Has anyone installed a 350 into this vehicle?

In Dennis Carpenter's catalog, page 30, there is a "Crossmember style Motor Mount Kit" #TD-4810. This is supposedly meant for this job. Anyone used this part?

Also looking at the threads here regarding IFS from a Crown Vic, years 2003>. Seems all have had good luck. Anyone which they had not tackled the job? Any major things to look out for?

Look forward to your constructive comments, thanks!
Sudds

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...40093620_o.jpg

So, a 223 is not a safe motor? Looking to exchange for a larger engine and putting in a vic front end for a more car-like expirience is one thing, but saying you want to discard the 223 and the original front end for safety reasons is another. No front end will be safe if it is worn out. It seems with your restoration background you would know that. Perhaps you do and just used a poor choice of words so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. At any rate, that's a nice looking panel you have there. Glad you are planning on taking care of it and making it "safe".