View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 12:42 AM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jhouse85
Best mileage I've ever seen was 3 tanks @ 16 mpg but that was in overdrive going 35 mph for the entire tank. with the 4.10's 35 mph seems to be the sweet spot gas mileage wise. The motor is just slightly above an idle and easily cruises at 35.

Quite unrealistic to actually drive like that on most highways, I just drove like that during my trip through Canada when I was going from california to alaska.

I could have gone much faster than the 37 mph speed limit (I believe it was 60 kph) because there was only about 1 cop every 500 miles.

The main reason I stayed 35 was to maximize my gas mileage because it was around $3 per liter at the time. (which is something like $11 per gallon.)
WTF?

Unless you REALLY clearify yourself on this post I would think you were driving thru the WRONG country to Alaska.....

Where exactly in Canada was gas 3 bucks a litre and you saw a cop every 500 miles?

Nevermind driving thru a country at exactly 37 miles an hour to get optimal fuel mileage.... last time I checked the speed limit on any highway to get thru Canada was 100 kph....around 62 - 65 mph.