View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:11 PM
RI-Matt
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kalpers
GPS antenna - how hard to install, and any chance it might already be there? I say NO chance on the GPS antenna already being there, it's not that hard to add though.

SYNC - can I get it on this model? (the rear view mirror has a mic in it already) SYNC can not be added on the 07-08 models (as far as I have read/researched ) Also, are you sure the rear view has a mic in it already (it's integrated into the top of the mirror not the bottom ) and is the wiring functional ? The factory NAV can be voice controlled.

Rear seat DVD - how will controls work with a factory nav if there wasn't one previously? If programmed properly it will control the RSE unit, does your current radio control the RSE unit now?

Rear view camera - will it work with the new screen or stay in the rear view mirror? Stay in rear view mirror, the Pioneer based units do not have the ability to show video ( *** Unless using LockPick***)

Steering wheel controls - will they still work? Yes, but the factory NAV units had a "voice" button on the steering wheel controls and I'm not sure if the wiring would be there to just swap out the switches

If you're gonna do it I would suggest just getting the Pioneer based factory unit ( Non Hard Drive / Non SYNC )
I have looked into swapping out the Pioneer NAV that came factory in my 08 Limited for the newer style but no one could guarantee that it would work. It would be an expensive test I'm not willing to make. The controls on the steering wheel are different on the SYNC based units also, no more fan and temp controls.

Matt