Thread: F250 VS F350
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Dagmandt
I drove both before purchasing the F350. They are pretty much the same truck from what I read and could tell except the F350 had more payload and a bit more spring in back to make that happen. I think there is an anti-sway bar as well in back. I could hardly tell a difference in ride. To tell you the truth if you put me in one or the other without telling me which I was in I probably couldn't tell you. For the extra few hundred I wanted the most truck I could get.
In doing a comparo of the F 250/350/450 a key component that is different is the rear axle assembly. Then like you said there are other assorted components that support the capacities of each truck...more similar that what I originally thought.

I am not (historically) a Ford Truck man. I grew up here in Texas and it was CHEVY country (guess I am starting to date myself). Ford was not a very good truck. That ole '54 Chevy 3500 truck we had on the ranch could handle anything you threw at it.

So when I went to retire for the last time and I needed a truck for the ranch I looked at everything out there without color. It had been since my late teens the last time I drove the ranch truck and lived that life. Now it was time to return and I knew what I needed in ability, but did not care if Ford, Chevy/GMC or Dodge...I bought Ford and money was never a consideration other than getting the best deal I could on what ever truck I bought.