View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 03:38 PM
BigDfromTN
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
That's what mine says as well. Additionally, it states that of the oil life monitor fails then default to a 5K change cycle.

So, my questions now are: Does the 2013 manual say to dump at 7K religiously? Or, dump at 7K cycles if the OLM fails?

If any of the above questions are yes answers, will the 2011 / 2012 trucks be affected by the change?
I just went to Ford.com and put in I had a 2013 F150 6cyl gas with 20K miles, normal driving... It said next interval due at 30K. and then this:

Service Maintenance Details
  • Replace climate controlled seat filters, if equipped
  • Replace engine air filter
  • Perform multi-point inspection
  • Inspect and lubricate all non-sealed steering linkage,ball joints,suspension joints,half and drive-shafts and u-joints
  • Inspect brake pads/shoes/rotors/drums, brake lines and hoses, and parking brake system
  • Inspect complete exhaust system and heat shields
  • Inspect cooling system and hoses
  • Change engine oil and replace oil filter when indicated on vehicle message center or every 12 months, whichever occurs first
  • Rotate and inspect tires; check wheel end play and turning noise
SO, Im thinking 2013 has same verbage as my 2011.

On a side bar it also shows:

When to Change your Oil

Your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Oil Life Monitor - a system that uses real-time data to calculate optimal oil change intervals.

Check your vehicle's Message Center and look for the following:
  • "ENGINE OIL CHANGE SOON" at 5 percent oil life remaining
  • "OIL CHANGE REQUIRED" at 0% oil life remaining

EDIT: Also looked at 2013 manual on line and it states to expect the meter to alert you at 7500 - 10000 miles.