Old 12-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Amelio
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First road trip in the books....very happy with this truck!

So I just took delievry of my new 2012 6.2 4x4 this past Saturday as of yesterday I had a lil over 200 miles on it from bouncing around town.

Anyway Yesterday morning I brought my wife to the airport for her to fly to Ft. Lauderdale and catch a plane to Venezuela....she is going to visit her family.

well we got to the airport at 4am (Atlanta) only to find out all flights were canceled and nothing going out later. Well her flight for Venezuela leaves Thursday so I had to get her down there. We left the airport and headed south.

The drive down was great the truck drives very smooth and is very quite and I am very pleased with how well this big heavy 4x4 rides.

Mpg's were not to bad I was getting 15 or so running 65-68 and it dropped to 14 when I bumped it up to 75.

We made it to Boca in 10 hours got to her sisters at 5pm....I took a shower and ate and left right back because I had to work today......

My mpg's were better coming back, I dont know if its cause there were some miles put on it or what but running 75-80 I was getting 15.5 and in some spots that got nice and flat I would see 16.5-17 but the average was 15 running almost 80.

The drive was great I was comfortable all the way down and back 20 hours of drive time and my *** was not soar at all . Staying awake sucked pretty bad but I really enjoyed driving this truck

The truck now has 1600 miles on it and driving in the city all day today for work it is averaging 14 which is 2mpg bett than when I first picked it up.

I guess maybe it is just breaking in....oh and also the power seems to be much better...this 6.2 is very stout I am so glad I went with this engine instead of the diesel

Thats it just thought I would share