View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:32 PM
posskat
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP, PLEASE!! info on 2012 ford escape

hi! i just found this site, and i hope i am in the right spot to ask for help. am looking at purchasing a 2012 ford escape, 4 cyl, fwd, xlt. it's a sweet deal, but i am used to having 4x4 when i need it,(live in b.c.) which isn't all that often, but am wondering how the front wheel drive does in ice/snow. it comes w/hancook I pike tires, new. (only has 17,000 kms on this escape)....

i am also questioning the mileage. they quote 31 city, 40 hwy (9.1L/100km/ 7.1L/100kms)...has anyone ever gotten this kind of mileage? i thought it sounded too good to be true...i did call the gov. site that printed this info, and they claim it actually gets 23.5 city/40 hwy. this is a manual shift, a 5 speed.

i've never had a vehicle as new and nice as this one, buts mileage is very important to me, and i was hoping i could get some 'real' advice to help me decide whether this is as great a vehicle as they indicate.

any help would be terrific. the asking price is just under $19,000, if that helps....i hate spending too much, but i think it's a good deal, but only if i get really good mileage. thanks ever so much!